In ongoing support of the fight against coronavirus, L’Oréal UK and Ireland is implementing a series of measures for communities most impacted by the crisis. L’Oréal Group’s wider European ‘solidarity programme’ was announced globally on 18 March. The Group and its family of brands will donate more than half a million hygiene products and hand sanitisers to frontline healthcare workers in UK and Ireland serving the most vulnerable people and striving to curb the pandemic.
Specifically, L’Oréal UK & Ireland has commited to:
- Donate 400,000 hygiene & care products to frontline healthcare workers: in partnership with In Kind Direct and Blue Light Card, 400,000 body wash, hand creams, conditioner, shampoo and skincare products will be provided to hospital workers in the UK and Ireland, free of charge. This includes products from L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Urban Decay, YSL, House 99, L’Oréal Paris Men Expert, La Roche-Posay, CeraVe, Vichy, Roger and Gallet, Baxter of California, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix and Decleor.
- Donate 100,000 La Roche Posay-manufactured hand sanitisers to frontline healthcare workers in the NHS and HSE.
- Donate 10,000 boxed sterile examination gloves to the London Ambulance Service through the L’Oréal Young
Scientist Centre at the Royal Institute.
- Support small businesses by freezing the payments of its most vulnerable very small and small-sized customers in its distribution network, including hair salons, until their businesses resume. Additionally, L’Oréal has shortened its payment times for small suppliers who have been most exposed to this economic crisis.
- Protect pharmacy and food distribution workers. Garnier will give 300,000 free bottles of the new Garnier Pure Active Hand Sanitiser Gel to essential retail staff working at Boots, Tesco, ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Irish retailer Dunnes Stores, helping to protect themselves from COVID-19.
“At L’Oréal UK & Ireland we feel a strong sense of responsibility to support relief efforts for the most vulnerable during this unprecedented crisis. The frontline healthcare workers and retail staff are doing an incredible job looking after the sick and providing essential products and services to communities. We feel honoured to be able to provide them with hand sanitisers and key hygiene products. We believe in the beauty of community and are proud to contribute to the needs of our heroic NHS and HSE staff, and those on the retail frontlines across the UK & Ireland.” commented Vismay Sharma, L’Oréal UK and Ireland Country Managing Director.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them,… then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered directly to your home – visit the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particularly keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.