Guess who’s back? We are delighted to bring back THE BIG ONE UK for it’s fourth year! And, we proudly declare that the competition is officially OPEN…
This is an exciting opportunity for both emerging and established talent to impress us with your hair photography and eye for design.
For all UK hairdressers, based here or working abroad, we invite you to join in and enter with several categories to choose between. Take a look at the categories below and be sure to read the rules (thoroughly), we can’t wait to start seeing your work.
- THE UP AND COMING ONE
For hairdressers under 30 years of age
- THE ONE FOR YOUR CLIENT
A contemporary yet classic, commercial look
- THE EXPERIMENTAL ONE
Think avant-garde, we want adventurous and inventive looks
- THE ONE FOR AFRO
Work must be created on Afro/Black hair
- THE TEAM ONE
An opportunity for Art Teams to show off the creativity of their collaborations
- THE ONE FOR COLOUR
Show us your most beautiful colour work – subtle or striking, you choose
- THE DESIGN ONE
We’re looking for an eye-catching and chic salon design within the UK industry
- THE BIG ONE
We decide. This category is not open to entry, and will be selected from the other seven categories by the judges themselves
- The competition The Big One is open to all UK hairdressers working in the UK, as well as non-UK hairdressers who are working in the UK.
- To enter The Big One, you must send us your entry dossier by midday Thursday 22nd September 2022. For any enquiries, please email HERE
- The entries must come in the name of one person ie an individual unless you are entering Design or Team. ie the trophies are given to individuals unless they are for Design or Team.
- Your entry dossier must include:
• Four photographs – no more, no less for each of the seven categories (see point 7.)
• Credits for your photographs – it is compulsory to include photographer – we cannot be responsible for upsets if credits are missed off. Supplying credits is your way of confirming who took the photographs and that you have permission to use them for this competition and, if we wish, for us to publish them in print and/or online. We will only accept one name for the hair work (cut and/or colour or styling). There is a separate category for ‘teams’.
• Your details – your name, salon if applicable, address of salon or your usual contact address, a telephone number, email address (compulsory) and social media handles (optional)
- You can send by WeTransfer or equivalent to firstname.lastname@example.org We only accept entries in digital format ie no printed documents or photographs
- You can enter any category once only (see point 7.)
- You can enter several categories. However, the same pictures can only be used to compete in a max of two categories
If you would like to enter more categories, you need to send more pictures!
- You must send in four photographs – these can be from the same collection or not, you decide.
- The entry doesn’t need to be from a studio shoot or taken by a professional photographer – if you’ve got a great photograph taken on a smart phone, that will be great too… but they must be good enough quality to make A4 format (21 x 29.7 cm) in 300 dpi. Ask your photographer if you are in doubt about how big they are.
- Photographs can be in colour or black and white (except for The One for Colour, of course where they must be in colour!)
- Photographs must be less than 12 months old at 22nd September 2022. Salons for salon design can be refitted or redecorated or launched at any point in the past three years, ie since September 2019
- Photographs must be either head and shoulders, or max 3/4 length. Full-length is not allowed and may be disqualified.
- Photographs must include no more than one model per shot.
- Entries which don’t meet the above criteria may be disqualified and you may not be notified of this so please be careful.
- Your entry on email to the address email@example.com will be acknowledged so you know it’s arrived. If you don’t receive a notification first check your Junk folder, then contact us without an attachment to the message.
HOW TO ENTER
By email or WeTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This means either attach your photographs or send to this address by a programme called WeTransfer.
Please ensure you submit your entry correctly, those with missing details and images will not be submitted for judging.
Finalists will be notified by 1st October on email. The awards event will take place live in London on Monday 7th November. Details to come.
For any enquiries, please email HERE.
Thank you to our sponsors R+Co, Avlon, L’Oréal Professionnel, Oribe and Schwarzkopf Professional
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them, then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – vist the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.