The BIG ONE UK returns and we are delighted to announce that the competition is officially OPEN…
This is an exciting opportunity for both emerging and established talent to impress us with your hair photography and eye for design.
All UK hairdressers, based here or working abroad, are invited to join in and enter with several categories to choose between.
- THE UP AND COMING ONE
For hairdressers under 30 years of age
- THE ONE FOR YOUR CLIENT
A contemporary yet classic, commercial look
- THE EXPERIMENTAL ONE
Think avant-garde, we want adventurous and inventive looks
- THE ONE FOR TEXTURE
Work must be created on afro hair
- THE TEAM ONE
An opportunity for Art Teams to show off the creativity of their collaborations
- THE ONE FOR COLOUR
Show us your most beautiful colour work – subtle or striking, you choose
- THE DESIGN ONE
We’re looking for an eye-catching and chic salon design within the UK industry
- THE BIG ONE
We decide. This category is not open to entry, and will be selected from the other seven categories by the judges themselves.
- The competition The Big One is open to all UK hairdressers working in the UK, as well as non-UK hairdressers who are working in the UK.
- To enter The Big One, you must send us your entry dossier by midnight Monday 21st September 2020. For any enquiries, please email HERE.
- Your entry dossier must include:
• Four photographs – no more, no less for each of the 7 categories
• Credits for your photographs – this is compulsory to include photographer – we cannot be responsible for upsets if credits are missed off. Supplying credits is your way of confirming who took the photographs and that you have permission to use them for this competition and, if we wish, for us to publish them in print and/or online
• Your details – your name, salon, address of salon, telephone number, email address (compulsory) and social media handles (optional)
- You can send your entry to us by post (USB key), or by WeTransfer or equivalent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only entries in digital format will be accepted, no printed documents or photographs
- You can enter several categories. However, the same pictures can only be used to compete in two categories
If you would like to enter more categories, you need to send more pictures!
- You must send in four photographs – these can be from the same collection or not, you decide.
- They don’t need to be studio shoots – if you’ve got a great photograph taken on a smart phone, that will be great too. But they must be good enough to make A4 format (21 x 29.7 cm) in 300 dpi. Ask your photographer if you are in doubt
- Photographs can be in colour or black and white (except for The One for Colour, of course where they must be in colour!)
- Photographs must be less than 12 months old at 14th September 2020. Salons for salon design can be refitted or redecorated or launched at any point in the past three years, ie since September 2017
- Photographs must be either head and shoulders, or max 3/4 length. Full-length is not allowed.
- Photographs must include no more than one model per shot.
HOW TO ENTER
By email or WeTransfer to: email@example.com
By post including USB to: Aurore Caboche, TRIBU-TE Magazine, 20 Mortlake High Street, London, SW14 8JN.
For any enquiries, please email HERE.
Thank you to our sponsors L’Oréal Professionnel, Revlon Professional, Alfaparf, Paul Mitchell and Great Lengths.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them, then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – vist the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.