Great things come to all who wait and ghd Unplugged is well worth your patience! This brand new release of a compact and cordless styler by ghd gets our vote for being a fabulous innovation to win over your team and get your clients’ hearts racing.
Championed by influencer and entrepreneur Chiara Verragni*, and coupled with the prospect of a renewed ‘life on the go’, the launch of Unplugged is perfectly timed. Loving this visual of Chiara which dominates the socials as she reclines most elegantly wearing ‘unplugged’ smooth hair, but it’s the hair tool itself which intrigues us. Having bagged (literally!) one to try, we can assert it’s simple, efficient and does the job perfectly.
The headlines are:
• speedy 45 seconds heat-up time delivers up to 20 minutes continuous styling (depending on your styling habits)
• convenient charging works using USB-C cable – use the plug supplied or pop onto any USB port, your laptop included
• a heat-resistant carry case means you can stow the Unplugged in your bag immediately after use
• available in white or black
• the same 185ºC constant heat you expect from ghd stylers
The Unplugged technology
For the geeks who like to know the details, here you are! The Unplugged contains Hybrid Co-lithium technology, a combination of long-life lithium-ion batteries with ghd advanced dual-zone technology, to guarantee the optimum styling temperature of 185°C across both plates and deliver the superior performance that ghd is renowned for, in a handbag sized tool.
“We are dedicated to developing pioneering technologies and creating the best-in-class products that tackle consumer and professional stylist needs. Our ghd R&D team have developed the latest battery and heat styling technology which allows us to launch unplugged, a portable cordless styler that delivers the superior performance our tools are known and trusted for, giving consumers and stylists the flexibility to style anywhere, anytime.” Jeroen Temmerman, ghd CEO
The Unplugged by ghd retails at a cool £299 – nonetheless we expect it to fly off the shelves! It’s certainly on all our wish lists now.
* Italian fashion icon and entrepreneur Chiara Ferragni – ghd’s new international brand ambassador – is the face and hair of the campaign. A representation of ghd’s digital savvy consumers, Chiara is always on the go and plays with her style and hair looks to express her moods and to tell her story. The pairing of Chiara Ferragni and ghd combines shared values, with ghd tools encouraging the power of transformation, whilst both remaining synonymous with luxury style and creativity.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them, then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – vist the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.