Erdem is a designer especially admired for his dreamy, flowery watercolor prints that he actually designs himself on a Mac. He considers each season “a chapter in the same book”, as he says. His collections are inspired by “love stories set in a lush English garden filled with colour, optimism, and oddities’’. His SS21 collection for London Fashion Week draws on the juxtaposition of Regency dress and the 1960s. The show was aired on 21 Sept and the collection was shot on the outskirts of Epping Forest, on the edge of London during lockdown.
The hair is styled to match and compliment the flowery clothes and vintage mood; romantic curls and natural-looking textures, hair-up with ribbons and soft details. Sweet and vintagish. The inspiration was Lady Emma Hamilton with a modern, unkept feel. Anthony Turner was the hair stylist and Dyson has been his secret weapon.
Here, he shows us how to create the looks with Dyson Supersonic and Dyson Corrale.
- All models start with wet hair. Begin with running mousse through the hair (root to end).
- Using the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer professional edition with the professional concentrator attachment, scrunch the hair as you blow dry to create a bend.
- Once the hair is dry, brush through and follow withthe Dyson Corrale straightener to curl. Curl the hair with a randomised approach, alternating the direction of the curls you create. Brush the curls out.
- To create a fluffy texture, spray the hair with dry shampoo .
- Place on the headband and attach under the hair. Split the hair at the back and cross over into two sections. Create a dishevelled bun-type look and pin as you go with the sections.
- Destroy the bun. Start pulling sections out and pinning random sections to create a whimsical, unkept look. Finish with hairspray.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them, then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – vist the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.