TRIBU-TE’s UK publisher, Nicky Pope was invited to the judging day alongside other influential industry names. Speaking on the standard and quality of entries received this year, she comments: “It is very clear how stylists are becoming braver about experimenting and refining the craft of hair extensions particularly with hair styles that look more natural than perhaps they have done in previous years.”
The UK Great Lengths Awards ceremony will take place on 16 September at the Royal Armouries in Leeds; an evening of celebration not only for the finalists and crowned winners, but also the creativity and passion of its wider family of over 1,500 certified salons and stylists across the UK. We can’t wait to join them.
Each category winner will receive two tickets for a group tour of the Great Lengths production facility in Rome in 2019. Good luck to all UK finalists:
- Longer Length: Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Jessica Turn @Salon Two, Vicky Demetriou @Larry King, Jill Faulkner @Faulkners, Jack Trafene @Salon Ten.
- Captivating Colour: James Henderson @M Hair, Vicky Demetriou @Larry King, Jack Trafene @Salon Ten, Hector Obeng @Hector’s Global Hair with Zeal, @Annabelle Harpin @Yazz Number One Hair Studio
- Enviable Volume: Kirby Hickey @Hair by Kirby Blythe, Linzi King @Simon Webster Hair, Malcolm Murphy @Malcolm Murphy Hair, Beverly Rosser @Rosser Hairdressing, Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty
- Bridal Creation: Kirby Hickey @Hair by Kirby Blythe, Samantha Rubino @M Hair, Megan Green @ Jakeman and Green, Annabelle Harpin @Yazz Number One Hair Studio, Alice Trout @ Alice Olivia Hair
- Creative Innovation: Jennifer Swain @Swain Hairdressing, Hector Obeng @Hector’s Global Hair with Zeal, Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Ellis Hunt @Rosser Hairdressing, Joe Causier @Malcolm Murphy Hair
- Hair of Fame: Joanne Fox @Hair by Joanne Fox, Arabella Kind@ Hair by Arabella, Kirsty McDill @Kirsty McDIll Hair Extensions, Megan Green @Jakeman & Green
- Silver Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance: House of Finesse, Aimee Mallon, Lauren McManus
- Gold Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance: GLAM@hallashair, Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Caprio’s Hair Studio
- Platinum Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance: Strawberry Hair, Swain Hairdressing, M Hair
- Best Newcomer Award: Sarina Lo-Giudice @Rosser Hairdressing, Samantha Rubino @M Hair, Martha Garry @Malcolm Murphy Hair
- The Great Lengths Trophy – Extension Excellence: Joanne Hallas @GLAM@hallashair, Malcolm Murphy @Malcolm Murphy Hair, Emma Choremi @McQueens
At Tribu-te magazine we encourage you, as hairdressers, to seize the power. Put yourself in charge of the industry’s creative direction! We believe that hairdressing is all about you. Design the content of our publications both in print and digitally, with hairdressers firmly in mind. For nearly 15 years we have been feeding your imagination, supporting your events, and delivering plenty of our own.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them,… then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – visti the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.